Four Stages to Effective Appeal Planning and Execution
Stage 1 | Planning
- Goals & Objectives - Involve your staff and board members to determine your goals. Is it to Increase Donors, Raise Funds, Convert Donors to Sustainers or something else?
- Ownership & Timing - Delegate tasks to individuals or teams. Create time tables and follow-up meetings to keep everyone on track.
- Budget & KPI - Determine your budget and create necessary key performance indicators (KPI) to measure your results at the end.
- Messaging - A picture is worth a thousand words, use compelling images to tell your story. Keep your message consistent.
Stage 2 | Design and Data
- Data Maintenance - Establish your source(s) for direct mail and email data. Validating your addresses early will allow you time to make corrections.
- Segmentation - Using clean data, create personalized segments. Assign appeal codes to each segment for future analysis.
- Copy & Design - Finalize copy, emphasize a donor-centric message. Involve PPCIS early to ensure your design meets Postal Regulations.
- Channel Optimization - Take an Omnichannel approach with your appeal to engage new and existing donors. Put all channels of communication to work.
Stage 3 | Execution
- Printing & Mailing - Deliver artwork and mailing lists to PPCIS. Be aware of expected drop date and in-home delivery date.
- Email Campaigns - Consider sending an email prior to in home delivery and a post email follow-up.
- Social Media - Don’t just post, engage with your following on social media. Ask staff, board members and volunteers to share posts.
- Phone/Events/Outreach - Execute alternate channels that can be used to promote your appeal.
Stage 4 | Acknowledgments and Analysis
- Acknowledgments - Take the time to say thank you to every donor.
- Data Entry - Keeping your donor data up to date will help your next appeal. Don’t forget to document all replies and donations.
- Analysis - Run your metric reports and analyze the results. Were your KPI’s met and what was the ROI?
- Review - Gather the team and review the results. Talk about what worked, what didn’t, and how to improve upon the process.
PPCIS your source for INTELLIGENT SOLUTIONS
Set up your personal consultation today!